Thursday, October 11, 2018

Flipgrid!



This week I chose to explore Flipgrid!  Flipgrid is a video platform where short videos can be uploaded from many different devices.  To find the correct grid on must enter a code similar to finding your correct Google classroom.  Students can interact with each other through commenting and discussing each other's videos within a specific grid. 

I decided to look more at Flipgrid this week because I would like to use it with my students, I have heard so much about Flipgrid from many librarians in my district who seem to love this tool.  I have not used Flipgrid before, but I got to see it in action this summer during PD where people from my district, the state of South Carolina, and throughout the United States filmed short videos encouraging us librarians to keep making an impact on our students this year.  

Ditch That Textbook posted an article "Catch the Flipgrid Fever" explains how to set up an account with your students and 15 ways in which you can use Flipgrid in the classroom.  I want to use Flipgrid next month for our school's Veteran's Day commemoration.  Idea #14 on Ditch That Textbook was to create thank you and appreciation videos.  I plan to create my first Flipgrid with students from around my school to volunteer to video themselves thanking our past and current service members and I can share this with our volunteers and the Air Force Base near by through email.  I would also like to use Flipgrid to show off different events and activities that take place in my library throughout the school year.  Students and teachers can highlight what they liked, what they remember, or what they did at each event or activity.  

Click on HERE for 20 more ideas on how to use Flipgrid in the classroom and catch #FlipgridFever.  

Arnold, Sean.  (2017).  20 Ways to Catch #FlipgridFever.  Brave the Attempt.  https://braveintheattempt.com/2017/08/18/20-ways-to-catch-flipgridfever/

Flipgrid.  (2018).  flipgrid.com

Miller, Matt.  (2018).  Catch the Flip Grid Fever!  15+ Ways to Use Flipgrid with your class!  Ditch that Textbook.  http://ditchthattextbook.com/2017/06/02/catch-the-flipgrid-fever-15-ways-to-use-flipgrid-in-your-class/

No comments:

Post a Comment